Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Rafa Nadal: I will not rush back

Rafa Nadal says his steady recuperation from a knee injury is proceeding according to plan and he is not going to rush back before it has healed properly.

In an interview in Madrid, the 11-times grand slam singles champion said he was still feeling some pain in his left knee and would only return to the court when that was no longer the case.
"I am working as much as I can, I am doing everything they tell me to every day and the truth is that right now things are going well, more or less," the 26-year-old Spaniard said. "The only thing is that I need bit more time," he added.
Keep reading

"We'll see how things develop in the next few weeks but my priority is to recover well, not quickly but well. "Obviously as soon as possible but the main thing is to have the certainty that you are fine when you do return. "I will return to the court when I feel that the knee no longer gives me any pain, whether that is in two weeks or in three or four."
Majorca-native Nadal has been sidelined several times by knee injuries during his 11-year career and his latest was diagnosed as a partial tear of the patella tendon and an inflammation of the Hoffa's fat pad.
The former number one has not played since suffering a shock second-round defeat to Czech Lukas Rosol at Wimbledon in June. He missed the Olympic Games after winning the title in 2008 and was forced to withdraw from the US Open.
Source: Eurosport


No comments:

Post a Comment

post your comments