Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Bank driver apprehended with 19 ATM cards, N652,000

The Lagos State Police have arrested one Dare Oladunjoye, a driver with Zenith Bank for allegedly being in possession of 19 Guaranty Trust Bank ATM cards and the sum of N652,000.

According to Punch Metro, it was learnt that the suspect was using the cards to withdraw money from an ATM at Ogba branch of GTB when a security guard raised the alarm. As at the time of the suspect's arrest, it was discovered that he has already withdrawn N652,000.

However, the suspect denied stealing the ATM cards. He said whenever he learnt someone money, he collects their ATM cards as collateral and returns them after payments have been made. He said 'I usually loan people money and I've been doing this for over a year. Whenever I loan peopls money, I will collect their ATM card and their Personal Identification Numbers. When they pay me, I will return their cards. However, if they don't pay me back in cash, I go to withdraw money from their account with the ATM.' When asked where he got money he loaned to people, he said he was into various kinds of businesses and that he has friends in the banking sector who helped him with funds.

He said 'I am a very hardworking person. I joined Zenith Bank as a driver over three years ago and in less than a year, I bought a tricycle which I leased to another driver that gives me returns on a regular basis. The following year, I bought two Tricycle, bringing the number to three. I make N150,000 monthly from the Tricycles and N60,000 from my salary. I also get credit facilities through my connections in the banking sector.

'On the day I was arrested, I went to withdraw money on Thursday night with some of the cards when a security guard raised the alarm. I did not steal those cards. I know the owners of the cards and I have their numbers on my phone.'

Meanwhile, the police command has warned members of the public to be careful when buying vehicles so as not to buy stolen ones. 

Courtesy: Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

post your comments